Managing Director, Accenture
Nick Davies has more than 23 years of experience working in and with pharmaceutical companies. Key driver of thought leadership, such as the Pharma 2020 PwC series.
Nick has extensive Pharma consulting and Industry experience, possessing extensive knowledge spanning Research, Development, Compliance and Quality, Commercial, Marketing as well as the external Payer, Access and Regulator environments.
Prior to joining Accenture Strategy Nick was a Partner at PWC as part of the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Practice, responsible for Pharma & R&D Strategy.
Nick brings a strong combination of industry and strategy consulting experience – bolstered by a deep academic and research foundation.
Nick gained his Ph.D. in cancer immunology and genetics at Cambridge University, UK.
Selected Relevant Experience
- MD Global lead for R&D Pharma strategy at Accenture and previously Partner at PwC, he has led and delivered complex engagements in restructuring clinical development, product development strategies, go to market strategies, major M&As, extensive restructuring and downsizing, R&D productivity projects, personalized medicine and diagnostics strategies, portfolio and decision making strategies, outsourcing, CRO and partnering strategies, operational strategies in discovery and clinical development, enterprise risk management, QMS (GCP/PV), Asia and emerging market strategies, out and in- licensing and commercial assessments of pipeline assets.
- Executive Director, responsible for Global Research & Development strategy at Pfizer. Led a number of key R&D transformations, product development and acceleration strategies.
- Led research and development laboratories and departments at Novartis and AstraZeneca.
Functional & Industry Expertise
- Oncology R&D
- R&D Strategy & Operations
- Radical simplification
- Commercial Strategy
- Clinical Development to Market
- Market access, payer and provider strategy
- Regulatory, Quality, Compliance, M&A
- Pharmaceutical (Large, Mid-size, Small)
- Access and Regulator
- R&D, QMS in GCP and PV
- Payer and provider